With The Church House as your base, there is much to see and do whether its history, art, walking, rock climbing, a boat trip or a scenic flight around Wilsons Prom.
It’s all here and at the end of the day’s activities an evening of relaxation waits at The Church House, perhaps a spa or a glass of wine and conversation whilst waiting for dinner to be served.
Explore the village, visit the galleries, Vineyard & Cidery. Go swimming & enjoy the local walks.
FISH CREEK AND SURROUNDS
Settled in 1886, the quaint Fish Creek Township and surrounds is home to an artistic enclave that belies its small population. World renowned botanical artist, Celia Rosser, and Alison Lester, the much-loved children’s book author call Fish Creek home. Vineyards, olive groves, the iconic art deco Fish Creek Hotel built in 1939, are all part of the tapestry of the area.
The temperate hills and surrounding area of The Church House produce wonderful cool-climate wines and olives, enjoy a cellar door tasting, and or a light lunch.
- Celia Rosser Gallery
- Ride the Wild Goat Gallery, Fish Creek
- Alison Lester Gallery & Bookshop.
- Gurneys Cider
- Fish Creek Motel
- Local Beaches – We are spoilt for beaches all within 10-30min away
- Waratah bay
- Sandy Point
- Corner inlet
- Cape Liptrap Coastal Park
WILSONS PROM NATIONAL PARK
- A 30 minute drive takes you to the entrance of one of Victoria’s most beautiful and globally revered destinations – Wilsons Promontory National Park with its sweeping beaches, rugged coastline and spectacular walks.
- There is a wide range of walks for visitors of all ages and fitness levels, easily accessible beaches, marine life, water activities, wildlife to enjoy and rock climbing.
- Depending on the time of year, a boat trip from tidal river scull rock is available to see a variety of bird life and be entertained by the seals. During winter-spring, the whales and dolphins in transit from the southern to the northern ocean are awe-inspiring to see.
TARRA BULGA COOL TEMPERATE RAINFOREST NATIONAL PARK
Walk through Tara Bulga, the lush cool temperate rainforest park featuring lush fern filled gullies, giant Mountain Ash, ancient Myrtle Beech and the 2.8km suspension bridge.
Tarra Bulga National Park just over an hour away but well worth the drive to see the largest and best example of original cool temperate rainforests. Along the way there or back detour to Port Albert and at the very end of Port Albert jetty treat yourself to the best, freshest fish and chips with the lightest batter in the world.